INSIGHT FIBER OPTIC DOWNHOLE
Insight by OptoSeis Fiber Optic Downhole System
Insight features three-component, all-optical downhole shuttles, specializing in multi-level, real-time, continuous, high-definition seismic acquisition.
- Passive, all-optical downhole sensor network – no electronics downhole.
- Years long operational lifetime @ 150 °C.
- 3-each high dynamic range optical accelerometers in each shuttle.
- Low noise, linear point sensing enables accurate recording of low-amplitude microseismic events.
- Slim hole shuttle 2.50-inch OD – less than 63 mm.
- Operates in any orientation.
- Solid-machined shuttle body minimizes mechanical resonance.
- High-resolution and high-frequency recording.
- Direct connection sub arrays, armored wireline.
- Magnetic and bow-spring clamps available.
- Supports wireline tools below the array (Gamma, CCL, Well Tractor).
- Distance between shuttles from meters to kilometers.
- Maximum temperature rating 150°C.
- Maximum pressure rating 20,000 psi.
- Capable of > 100 shuttle levels per well deployment.
- Compact, modular topside interrogator.
|Sensor Station Configuration||3-Component All-Optical Accelerometer|
|System Size/Capacity||Compact interrogator footprint: a single 19” rack services thousands of channels|
|System Design Life||7 Years|
|Telemetry System||Cabled, all-optical, frequency and wavelength-division multiplexed
Michelson interferometer based accelerometer
|Instrumentation Integration||Modular and flexible. (Optional integration with on-prospect processing, containerized, Stand alone IEC certified module with self-contained UPS, HVAC, workspace)|
|Sample Interval||Field programmable: 0.25 ms to 8 ms|
|Sensor Operational||Bandwidth 2 to 200 Hz|
|System Noise Floor||50 ng/√Hz spectral level typical|
|Instantaneous Dynamic Range
(2 ms sample interval)
|200 dB single-tone @ 2 Hz; 186 dB @ 15 Hz; 170 dB @ 100 Hz|
|Operating Temperature||-40 to 150 °C|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||20,000 psi|
|Cable Configuration Highly flexible:||Can support sensor station spacings of a few meters to 10s of km|
|3-Component Shuttle Diameter||63 mm (2.50 in.)|