The Health, Safety and Environmental Management System is associated with the design, development, manufacture and servicing of seismic and industrial products, offshore cables, thermal printing equipment and thermal printing film at our Houston, Texas facility, including the subsidiaries of Geospace Engineering resources International (GERI), Geospace Offshore and Exile Technologies. Geospace Technologies also strives to pursue a strategy that not only encompasses all our activities but also that of our interested parties. In doing this we aim to influence our impact on the environment not only of our business but all business and organizations that we use or interact with.
HSE Policy Statement:
Geospace Technologies Corporation is committed to zero harm to people, property, and the environment. Our commitment to HSE extends to our customers, our staff, and the community in which we operate. We aim to achieve this through:
- Making our employees’ health and safety and protecting the environment top priorities.
- Developing and improving programs and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Creating a culture where the health and safety of our staff and the protection of the environment is considered in all operating decisions, including those related to planning and acquisition.
- Ensuring employees are properly trained and provided with the appropriate safety equipment.
- Engaging in sound reuse and recycling practices and exploring feasible opportunities to minimize the amount of waste generated.
- Using energy efficiently throughout our operation.
- Communicating our HSE commitment and encouraging personal accountability to emphasize compliance with standards and best practices during employee training.
- Striving for continual improvement by measuring our health, safety and environmental impacts through periodic evaluations to enhance our HSE performance.
Policy authorized by: Rick Wheeler, President & CEO
Date: September 16, 2016
For more HSE Information Contact:
Loretta Bazan, HSE Director
Customer HSE Specialist