Safety Specialist – Supporting Houston World Headquarters Manufacturing
This position is responsible for providing specialized support for the Company’s HSE policies and programs and maintaining compliance with applicable international, federal, state and local health, safety and environmental regulations.
Duties include, but not limited to the following:
• Work with management to create HSE goals, priorities and key performance measures.
• Implements health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and guidelines for the employees and department safety.
• Creates incident reports, and performs inspections to ensure conformity in all areas of HSE.
• Interacts with services providers, contractors, suppliers, clients, and regulatory agencies to research and interpret standards, codes and regulations.
• Assists in development and implementation of systems and standards to facilitate the capturing and analysis of HSE statics.
• Assists management to develop procedures based on regulatory and/or client requirements.
• Develop HSE training packages. Schedule/coordinate and conduct site training.
• Conduct New Hire Orientation monthly or as needed.
• Provide guidance and training to supervisors on HSE programs, safety systems, incident reporting and investigations procedures.
• Manage incident investigations:
– Initiate incident investigations upon receiving first report of injury/illness.
– File claims and interact with our workers comp. provider
– Lead the investigation team – hold meeting, send out meeting minutes, perform root cause analysis, determine and assign corrective actions, follow up on CA closures.
• Report on incident trending and metrics to upper management.
• Schedule and conduct audits of Company operations as required in support of applicable HSE legislation, standards, and contract requirements for compliance of Company policies.
• Review audit and inspection reports; monitor completion of corrective actions and preventative actions identified on audits and inspections.
• Track nonconformance’s found in audits; analyze causes, and determine and recommend process improvements.
• Participate in risk management and HSE activities including risk assessments, audits, HSE Meetings and forums including on-site activities.
• Manage and oversee the implementation of the following programs:
– Emergency Action Plan
– Fall Protection
– Contractor Safety
– Permit to work
– Safety Meeting
– Lock out Tag out
– Bloodbourne Pathogens
– Safety Audit and Hazard Tracking
How to Apply?
- Create your account
- Upload your resume
- Complete an application (follow the prompts)
- Be sure to provide a good way for us to get in touch with you.